In Case of Fire
- Get out and stay out. NEVER GO BACK INTO A BURNING BUILDING!
- Crawl near the floor to the nearest exit maintaining contact with the wall.
- DO NOT OPEN A DOOR IF IT IS HOT TO THE TOUCH! Use second way out to safety.
- If the door and knob are cool, open the door slowly. Be prepared to close it if smoke and heat rush in.
- Should you get trapped, put as many closed doors as possible between you and the fire; seal all cracks in doors and windows with towels or bedding.
- If clothing catches on fire, STOP where you are: DROP gently to the ground and cover your face with your hands and ROLL back and forth to put out the flames.
- Cool burns in cool running water (under the tap) for 10 to 15 minutes.